Last updated on January 30th, 2019 at 01:39 pm
How to Make Money Typing for GoTrascript
Do you want to learn how to make money typing and how you can start in the business? Great, since in this post you’re going to learn how you can make money working in the transcription world.
But what do I mean by “the transcription world”? It’s simple; I am referring to the transcription jobs.
Before telling you how you could start this job let me give you some of the reasons why transcribing is an excellent opportunity to make money.
- It is a legitimate job to earn money online
- You can work from anywhere since you only need a computer connected to the internet.
- Flexible schedule. Most of the transcription companies offer you to work on your own schedule. So, you decide if you do it in your spare time or any other hours that are convenient for you.
- There are thousands of companies offering transcription jobs because every day there’s more demand for this service. So you will always have a transcription to do, which mean money :).
- Once you enter into this field, you can make a career in this business by taking courses that the same companies offer. Once you have the experience and recognition from clients, your earnings are higher.
- Last one and my favorite, this is the perfect job for stay-at-home moms! Yes, due to the flexible schedule is perfect to do it while kids are at the school or sleeping 🙂
Related Post: Online Translator Jobs
Okay, once having said the above, let’s move on to the most important topic you’ve been waiting for: how to make money typing for GoTranscript?
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please read my affiliate disclosure
How to Make Money Typing at GoTranscript
First of all, you must be asking why GoTranscript if I previously said there are many companies where you may work as a transcriptionist. Well, there are Six good reasons to want to do it for GoTranscript which I list them below.
1. One of the main reasons to want to work at GoTranscript is that is a global company. If you live outside of the USA and want to make money typing, GoTranscript is your best option. No matter what part of the world you live in, you may become a transcriber in this company.
2. If you do not have experience as a transcriptionist, this is another reason you would want to start your career in this company since experience is not required to apply. You just need to have good English skills.
3. Another reason why you want to consider GoTranscript is that while other companies ask to type at a certain speed, GoTranscript doesn’t. This company gives you around 6 hours to transcribe a 10 minutes audio/video which is enough time to do it even if your typing is not very fast.
4. Most of the companies that offer transcription jobs have flexible schedule to work, and GoTranscript is not the exception, so you are the one who decides when and how many hours you want to work. Excellent if you have another work or kids at home.
5. Get Paid weekly. Great because not all the companies pay weekly, some of them do it biweekly or even worse, monthly! Not good when you really need money fast, right? By the way, your payment is made Via PayPal or Payoneer.
6. Variety of jobs. Very convenient because this way it’s difficult you get bored of doing the same job. Today you could be transcribing a group transcription and the next day some research textbook.
7. Excellent opportunity to grow professionally since every time the editor reviews your work gives you a rating which if it’s good you could become an editor and thus earn more money.
What Tools Do You Need to Work?
1.- A Computer either a desktop computer or a laptop.
2.- Internet access.
3.- You need a pair of good quality headphones that may improve your work when you are listening to your audios; this does not mean they have to be very expensive just make sure they are comfortable and do not hurt your ears after using them for a while. Another feature you will want to have on your headphones is sound isolation making easier to understand the audios.
If you think a little bit, a lot of the time trying to type is consumed in pausing and playing the audio or video over and over again to understand clearly; however, a foot pedal may help you to do it faster since the foot pedal allows you to control the audio playback.
Related Post: Mystery Shopper Jobs
What Do You Need to Apply?
First, you have to do the Test Job using their guidelines, which you will have access to them previously. The test is a 12 questions quiz, and you must have 100% correct to go to the next step of the test which is to transcribe a video. If you pass, you will receive by email the instructions to start working on transcriptions.
What happens if you fail the test job? You can try it again in a few days, probably this time you will do it better since you already know what to expect. 😉
How Much Money Can You Make Typing?
You may make as much you want to work, but the average is around $150 per month but if you do more work than the average and take it more like a real job you may earn up to $1215. But it does not stop there since the most you work the more experience you get and better at what you do which will help you to become an editor meaning more money.
Visit the website to convince yourself this is a great opportunity to make extra money.
Do you want more ideas for transcription jobs? Visit my blog post Transcription Jobs to Work from Home where you will find 9 companies where you can work as a transcriptionist and Transcriptionist Jobs for Newbies.
What do you think about how to make money typing? Do you think this is the kind of job you wanna do while you are at home as a mom or as a second job? If you have other ideas about how to make money typing let me a comment I will be happy to read it.